Saturday, February 11, 2012

There She Goes on a CASual Play Date...




Loving the brights this week at The Play Date Cafe - decided that I am definitely a brights girl when it comes to crafting.  I combined this weeks stunning colour palette with this weeks CAS-ual Friday paper piecing challenge and There She Goes negative die cut challenge.  The lighter blue cloud and grass are created from negative die cuts in the white cardstock.  The gorgeoous Paper Smoochers sun and WeR Memory Keepers bee are stamped onto October Afternoon paper and cut out, and together with the darker blue clouds are all pop-dotted for added dimension.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches too.

Hope the sun is shining in your corner of the world too!

PS. This put a smile on my face too :)

11 comments:

  1. I adore this...it's beautiful! The raised panel showing the negative die cut grass seems so simple now that I see it, but I never would think to do that! I love the cloud die cuts/negative space and that sun & bee are too cute for words. Fair to say I love your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a delightful card! :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is CUTE! Love the polka dot sun and grass. The clouds (along with the cut out) are darling! SWEET ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was blurfing around for some inspiration to play along with TSG's challenge before it's over and your card in the entry line up jumped out at me. I love it!! It's so bright and sweet and I love the cut out cloud. Great job! I also love your bio. You have a wonderful sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fab card, so many cute images and a great use of negatives! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful! and youve included so many great elements, I love this. The negative cloud and that little bee are so great!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so well-put-together, Lyndal! I love the placement of everything, and the happy way you used our bright colors.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest thing I've seen all night, Lyndal! LOVE the negative die cut and the way you've shaped your darling scene around it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the negative punching on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and happy and perfect! Thanks for joining use at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.