Saturday, February 25, 2012

U Live in Colour...




Perhaps I should have issued a "sunglasses required" warning with this card! 

Inspiration overload from this photo montage from Jay Gee's Nook Challenge, and I based my card on this fabulous sketch from Card Patterns

Utilising lots of scrap paper, I incorporated blocks of colour with scalloped edges using my 1 1/2 inch scalloped square punch (inspired by the flowers & doilies), circles embossed in the background and spots on the patterned papers (inspired by the numerous circular elements), stars (inspired by the pointy pennant banners) and a very colourful overall theme.  I stamped (and masked) the "Live in color" stamp from Paper Smooches onto a punched out tab.  I tied a knot in the twine under the "U" because we all know "U" lives in coloUr lol!

Hope your world is full of colour today!

3 comments:

  1. How fun is this! Great way to combine both challenges too. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the pretty color combo and embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours! I love your use of the sketch. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.