Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dashing Hearts...


Excited to present my first 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge DT card, with this card taking just under 10 minutes - 9 minutes 53 seconds to be exact!  This weeks 10 Minute Craft Dash winner will receive a FAB gift certificate from Denami Design.

I make sure I am really organised before I start my timer, with all my papers and supplies close at hand, a clear workspace, and a sketch of what my card will look like (or at least what I think it will look like!)  I die cut my clouds from the heart paper first, then embossed my white cardstock, and juggled my paper over the embossed cardstock to work out the best positioning of the swirls before cutting the cardstock to size.  I stamped my TAWS birds and fussy cut them, I had also stamped and started to fussy cut a balloon before I realised I would run out of time to incorporate the balloon and the birds, so I just focused on the birds - and made a second version featuring the balloon later!  I stamped my sentiment and hand cut the fishtail before assembling my card, including pop-dotting the die-cut layer - keeping in mind to use foam tape and peel off the backing before I cut my tape to save time.

Don't forget to stop by and check out the rest of the DTs creations for more Craft Dash inspiration:


Also playing along with:
The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired
Addicted to CAS Hearts
Keep It Simple Dry Embossing

17 comments:

  1. All are so cute...love the reverse cloud cuts!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Lyndal,

    ich liebe deine Karten!!! Alle sind so klar und einfach, dabei wundervoll. Danke, dass du sie uns zeigst.

    LG. Flo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute. Love those clouds.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so adorable! I love the hearts in the background and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in awe of you girls who can create a card in under ten minutes. Love the little birdies and the fun embossed clouds. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! I particularly love the embossed clouds, what a great idea! Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyndal, your cards are so enchanting! Well done and congratulations on being a part of this amazing Design Team!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is funny ... we both have swirly embossed clouds today, how crazy is that?!? Love how yours turned out against your beige sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arggh, you're right, of course, I didn't think about putting the sentiment on the CLOUDS! Just perfect. If I wasn't so tired, I'd do it right now : ) Thanks for the great idea, Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And aaaaaaawwwww for the third time!
    You rock!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Love those embossed clouds! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this one! Beautiful color combination, great idea of using the embossed cardstock...
    Thanks for joining us AGAIN at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    smiles, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lyndal. Love everything about your card ... you are amazing getting this adorable card made in under 10 minutes! Love those sweet birds and your embossed clouds. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cards Lyndal. Love the embossed clouds. Thank you for joining in the Addicted to CAS challenge.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so super adorable!!!! LOVE the embossing and the colors and the GREAT stamps you used :)
    Thanks so much for sharing and linking it up over at TAWS Be Inspired Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.