Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Case of Happy Birthday...

LOVE, LOVE the inspiration card from JJ Bolton over at Case Study this week, one of my all time favourites.  I thought I'd try mine with a bit of a twist and use the negative space, because you know how much I love negative die cuts LOL!

I negative die cut the tall MFT letters and Quickcuts balloon first, stamped my MME paper with the Heidi Swapp sentiment in Hero Arts Cup o Joe, then aligned the sentiment on the cardstock base and masked the tail of the "y" before stamping.  I pop dotted my patterned paper, and the centre of the "a" and sliver from the balloon back into position, before securing the balloon with this cute Twinery twine.


Joining in the celebrations at Simon Says Stamp 4th Birthday
Little Red Wagons Be a Negative Nellie,
Catered Crop Twine Love Recipe Swap and
Pile it On Wooden too!

 



15 comments:

  1. This card is so neat! Killer use of the negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is awesome! Stamping behind your negative cut - brilliant!! And the twine and balloon - fabulous and fantastic!! You sure are rocking our challenge this week! Thanks for playing with us at LRW again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal this is so creative, I LOVE how you stamped in the negative space like that. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! This is AWESOME!! LOVE that paper its one of my FAVORITES I have been hording it!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card! I love it how you used the card as inspiration but made it your own!
    Great idea!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card!! Such a fabulous design!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab take on the CASE Study! Awesome use of negative space!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is SO cool! I love the way you've stamped "birthday." THanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is absolutely amazing! Love the woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! It's amazing! The sentiment stamped in the negative and positive diecut is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic...love the great use of negative space!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.