Sunday, July 7, 2013

Addicted to Birthday Smooches...


As soon as I saw this fortnights Seize the Birthday Sketch,  I thought of a goldfish bowl - don't ask my why - my brain just works that way LOL!  So I teamed that idea with this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Trend Watch OceanAddicted to CAS Water Challenge and the On-line Class Summer Camp 2 Pre-Class Colour Challenge too!

The ocean backdrop was created by stamping Paper Smooches Wicked Nauticool waves in navy ink on Echo Park Here & Now paper and tracing around the diecut circle outline, then filling with all different sizes of turquoise sequins - which looks AMAZINGLY sparkly in the sunshine!  The Paper Smooches Surf & Turf fishes, pelican and post were paper pieced in Echo Park papers (try saying that quickly!) and the Paper Smooches Flag Tags (appropriately) fish-tailed were die cut.  The sentiment was created using Paper Smooches Party Posse "birthday wishes", and substituting with an "f" from Alphadots.  Then the white cardstock layer was pop dotted to create a frame, together with the sentiment and pelican on his post.  Just to make sure the sequins and fishes stay in place, they were adhered with Helmar 450 adhesive.

Don't forget Paper Smooches August Guest Designer Search is open til July 17th!
Playing along with Paper Crafts Nautical July Gallery Challenge too.

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

29 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Lyndal! Love the sequin water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how the water sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sequin water! Your fish & pelican are super cute, too. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ! I images look very cute and fab idea of sequin ocean !

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the concept - and great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creation! I love this awesome water scene with the fish and pelican. The water looks amazing. I also love the way you altered your sentiment for the occasion. Great job. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative - love the sequin water! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is so fantastic! What a brilliant idea to use the sequins for water, and your paper piecing is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the sequins in the water! Cute card:) Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is fabulous! I love the sequins with the little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lyndal this is gorgeous and so much fun! The water is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lyndal. Such sweet images and I LOVE your sequin backdrop. So creative and fun ... and sparkly! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so awesome! absolutely adorable and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative, Lyndal, love all the sequins for your water! Can only imagine what it looks like in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is phenomenal! I love your sequin ocean and the fabulous orange fish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely wonderful! I love the way you created the sparkly water. The paper piecing is perfect. Love the way you matched the pelican's beak to the fish and banner and the way he pops with his whiteness against the other colors. Just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is stunning! The paper covered with with sequins is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine how sparkly it is in person because it looks amazing them in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your background water, but this is such a fun design for the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so fun and sparkly Lyndal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOOOOOOOOOVE that sequins sea!!! What a fun card-- FAB job! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS TW Ocean challenge!!! I hope you will try our sketch challenge this week <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. SOOOO gorgeous! LOVE the rich deep colors! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my stinkin' CUTE!!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I knew this was sparkly when I first saw it - but I didn't realize it was sequins - how amazing!! Those are some happy little fishes in that sparkly bowl (even with the pelican hovering nearby!!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is jaw dropping. No wonder your card is a winner. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable, Lyndal! I'm so glad you won Top Three at ATCAS, so I could come and see it! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.