Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Colour Smooch for Homework...

Second post for the day!


I love getting my fingers inky every now & then, and the Summer Camp Homework Week 1 - Day 2 gave me the perfect excuse!  I inked and swiped and sprayed a couple of background pieces in Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers, perfect colours for playing along with this weeks Color Throwdown Five Years #250 Celebration too.  This piece reminded me of rain running down a window or tears, which made me think it would be just right for a Miss You card.  I die-cut a Lifestyle Crafts balloon and used the reverse die cut, plus the little sliver, stamped with Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler and hand drew the string drifting into the distance.



ETA. The paper I use is a pad of Mont Matre A4 Watercolour Paper, from the Art Shed (I think!)

16 comments:

  1. This is fabulous - the colour leaps off the page and i love the balloon!
    What watercolour paper did you use? I have been having trouble finding anything affordable but good enough quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The background is beautiful and I love the negative die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Great card that makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! Love the way you used ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is fabulous! I love the running colors. Very poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool design! Great way to work in the colors! Thanks for helping us celebrate at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is so artsy and beautiful, and that white balloon looks so striking against it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these ink colours Lyndal, thankyou for your visit too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and HUGE congrats on making August Guest designer at Paper Smooches! You rock those stamps and finally get recognition! I'll be following closely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love this card-- wowowowza! This is amazing! I can't get over the color and the design with the watercolors..... beautifully done! YOU nailed this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an incredible background Lyndal, Love your FUN colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I don't know, Lyndal. I adore your sediment with the balloon flying away and can see you making a card like that with mono grays and beiges, but with these awesome colors? I just can't help but think of delicious snocones or cones of rainbow sherbet melting down all over my hands faster than I could lick the yumminess on a hot summer day. You've done a brilliant job with all that inky coloring no matter what it evokes to the lucky viewer!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One amazing background - this is gorgeous! You've got some awesome work here, thanks for stopping past my blog in the Annabelle stamps blog hop on the weekend. I'll pop back sometime soon. Cheers, Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.