Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's Black & White and Read all Over...


It was back when I went to school anyway!!!


In creating a card for Little Tangles Back to the Blackboard Challenge I've come to the conclusion that the most effective blackboard cards are those in which the blackboard forms only on part of the card, and/or is used with solid white or bright colours for contrast, that too much black on a card is difficult to photograph, and the messy nature of the chalkboard technique makes it difficult to use on more formal cards. So with this in mind I created a mini blackboard on my card - and used the technique in conjunction with bright red to help it pop. The blackboard technique was achieved by stamping Neat & Tangled My Heart Sings in Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossing with Zing White, then highlighting the edges of the blackboard section using Hero Arts White dye ink, and taking small amounts of this ink on my fingertip and smudging it across the black, to mimic chalky residue. This technique was also used to create the bird and heart.

Created with a combination of patterned papers from Crate Paper DIY Shop, Cosmo Cricket Little Boys (from back in 2007!!!) and blackboard paper from MME, together with WPlus 9 Label Layers 5 and Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles die cuts.

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the floral background, chalkboard mat and of course the gorgeous bird. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Lyndal! The pops of red are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lyndal and I love your mini blackboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card and a ♥FAB♥ example of super-clever stamping! thanks for sharing it with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndal, I love your choice of bold colors. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the blackboard. I love the color pop - it works so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.