Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Trust Your Wings...


Had a fabulously messy time on Sunday morning creating this mixed media piece at an Artified Getting to know Gelatos class taken by Naomi Cox. It was amazing how much variation in the finished pieces was achieved by everyone, even following the same instructions! I love how the spotted texture stamp ended up looking like Autumn leaves swaying in the breeze. At one point I thought I had absolutely ruined my piece when I added texture paste over a musical notes stencil and it did not dry properly before I tried to add the next layer of colour - but luckily I was able to just grab a wet wipe, remove most of the texture paste, and build up the colour layers again.  That's the FAB thing about mixed media - if you don't like it, you can always change it!

9 comments:

  1. ooooh you did a fantastic job!!! Gorgeous. Jorja and you will have to pass on the knowledge at the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really gorgeous! You'll have to let me know next time you go. I must admit, I didn't realise the standard of class would be so high! Then again, maybe it's just your natural talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Lyndal, what an amazing piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Lyndal! I might be tempted to join in too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful creation. The background colors and the stamping are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyndal, that is a true work of art. I am just trying to get used to doing mixed media and you have it down to a real art! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, seeing ur creations lately... My desire to learn mixed media has increased :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.