Sunday, January 11, 2015

Saturated Watercolour Wishes...

Today's card is inspired by the fabulous colours in Runway Inspired and the idea that a colour as bold as hot pink works together with the lightness of tulle.
RIC#75 Ralph Lauren 2015 Spring
I thought I would create my colours using saturated watercolour, with a technique similar to that used by Loll (her fabulous video can be seen here), however I dropped my Distress Ink ReInkers directly onto slightly damp watercolour paper, then spritzed the paper lightly to blend the Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade colours. Once the paper was dry, I die cut the fabulous Winnie and Walter The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaway, and Simon Says Stamps Balloon Bouquet (NBUS). The balloon outline was also cut from black cardstock, and the second half of the sentiment is Winnie And Walter Winter Wonderland, stamped in Momento Luxe Tuxedo Black.

 
Playing along with...
Cuttlebug Mania It Takes Two (with two colours, two words, two manufacturers)

PS I'd LOVE if YOU could link up a post highlighting your favourite creations for 2014 on 
Our Favourite Things linky party on my blog here!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The colors are so luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Lovely Lyndal!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, vibrant colours and a great twist to Loll's tutorial. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is simple yet GORGEOUS! LOVE your color technique ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES with a *NEW* TWIST’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade look fabulous together. I've only just got all the Distress Inks - now I obviously need to collect the reinkers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lyndal!! LOVE the bold and vibrant colours you've used. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful balance between the black and the bright colors! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you interpreted the bubbles as balloons! Such a bright, fun take on the inspiration image! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that mix of colours and how you have incorporated it in this card! Lovely! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Lyndal.I love the vibrant colors and the design.
    Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy card - love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lyndal, wow, this is so gorgeous! Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade is one of my favourite DI combinations - they look amazing together. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments on my Vintage-inspired birthday card - they made my day :-) I was starting to think that I was the ONLY Victorian making cards LOL - so nice to meet someone else who shares the same passion. Most people I meet in person don't "get" the whole cardmaking thing!

    Jocelyn x
    Instead of Ironing Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, excellent watercoloring ala Lolly, Lyndal! I'm so impressed! This card is such a happy card and it's so perfect for RIC, especially! I just love how the "p" in happy sits over the straight part of the "d" in birthday! Cool design! I love that you linked up to my NBUS Challenge #3, but I don't see the challenge listed, or the badge, so I'm thinking maybe you changed your mind since you were over five challenges? Either way, it's a really glorious card and a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love the bright colours. Great card

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The raspberry and lemonade inks look so fab together! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.